A stairlift can give you your independence back and let you stay in your home giving loved one’s peace of mind knowing you are safe in your own home.
For straight simple staircases, we can install a straight stairlift on either side of the stairs. Whichever side works best for you. Most of the time a door at the top is no issue.
Is your staircase curved? Whether they take a turn or curve or go up multiple levels we can fit a stairlift to suit your needs.
Curved rails are made to measure. They’re manufactured to be the perfect fit for you and your home. The measurements of your stairs are taken so that the rail we build fits to every bend as snugly as possible. That means more room for everyone else to use the stairs easily.
Call today for your free in-home assessment.
Seniors’ Home Safety Tax Credit
The Seniors’ Home Safety Tax Credit is a temporary, refundable personal income tax credit that can help you make your home safer and more accessible, helping you stay in your home longer.
The credit is available for the 2021 and 2022 tax years and is worth 25% of up to $10,000 in eligible expenses per year for a senior’s principal residence in Ontario.
Expenses must be paid or payable in 2021 and 2022. The maximum credit is $2,500 per year.
What is an eligible expense
Renovation expenses are eligible if they improve safety and accessibility or help a senior be more functional or mobile at home, for example:
- grab bars and related reinforcements around the toilet, tub and shower
- wheelchair ramps, stair/wheelchair lifts and elevators
- certain renovations to permit first floor occupancy or a secondary suite for a senior
- handrails in corridors
- walk-in bathtubs
- wheel-in showers
- comfort height toilets
- widening passage doors
- lowering existing counters/cupboards
- installing adjustable counters/cupboards
- light switches and electrical outlets placed in accessible locations
- door locks that are easy to operate
- lever handles on doors and taps, instead of knobs
- pull-out shelves under counters to enable work from a seated position
- non-slip flooring
- a hand-held shower on an adjustable rod or high-low mounting brackets
- additional light fixtures throughout the home and exterior entrances
- swing clear hinges on doors to widen doorways
- creation of knee space under the basin to enable use from a seated position (and insulation of any hot-water pipes)
- relocation of tap to front or side for easier access
- hands-free taps
- motion-activated lighting
- touch-and-release drawers and cupboards
- automatic garage door openers